9.20.2010

Disclaimer

This is not a scholarly work. Rather it is a cobbled piece put together from things I find in my media stream that lend themselves to the themes I'm exploring. I try not to write about an idea unless I can find a credible source that supports it. This is why, at times, this work might seem very scattered.

Another reason this work is cobbled is because the topic is vast. Not a week passes without some new nugget showing up in the media stream. I barely have time to fit the nugget into it's proper place among the major themes when I'll run across another. Sometimes these nuggets are so unexpected I only have time to jot down a note on a piece of paper. These notes reference anything from a passage in a magazine article, a website address, or a quote heard on the radio. The job then becomes to decipher my own notes.

But now I am comfortable enough with the themes in this blog to consider them more than conspiracy theories; or the writings of a man with too much time on his hands. They do seem to point to a major reason why we have evolved the way we have. And if the roads I'm traveling need to be cobbled so be it.